Bank of the Year 2013 awards from The Banker magazine:
- 2013 Bank of the Year in Canada, for the second year in a row
- 2013 Bank of the Year in Jamaica, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, and the British Virgin Islands
- Third-Largest Bank in Canada and #9 in North America by assets (2013), Global Finance.
- Best Sub-Custodian in the Caribbean (2013), Global Finance.
- Best Consumer Internet Bank in North America, Canada and 21 Latin American countries (2013), Global Finance.
- Best Consumer Internet Bank (2013) in four regional categories by Global Finance:
- Best Online Deposit, Credit and Investment Product Offerings in North America
- Best Website Design in North America
- Best Integrated Consumer Bank site in North America
- Best in Mobile Banking in North America
- Best Corporate / Institutional Bank in 17 Latin American countries (2013), Global Finance.
- Best Corporate / Institutional Internet Bank in Online Cash Management in Latin America (2013), Global Finance.
- Ranked #1 in the Best Online Cash Management category for Latin America (2013), Global Finance.
- Bank of the Year 2012 awards from The Banker magazine:
- 2012 Global Bank of the Year
- 2012 Bank of the Year for the Americas
- 2012 Bank of the Year in Canada, Antigua, Barbados, Belize, Turks and Caicos and the British Virgin Islands
- #3 North America’s Strongest bank (2013), Bloomberg Markets.
- #7 World’s Strongest bank (2013), Bloomberg Markets.
- Third-Safest Bank in North America (2013), Global Finance.
- Best Emerging Market Bank in Latin America for Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos (2011, 2013), and U.S. Virgin Islands (2013), Global Finance.
- Ranked #2 in Canada in Preferred Equity, Full Credit – by The Dealmakers 2014, National Post.
- Top Tier in various categories in Canada for 2012, Brendan Wood International survey:
- #1 Top Sales Coverage
- #1 Top Morning Notes
- #1 Top Investment Ideas
- #1 Overall Quality of Sales Service
- #1 Penetration of Sales Professionals
- #1 Quality of Investment Ideas and Original Thinking
- #1 Understanding Client Portfolios and Trading Style
- #1 Valuable and Timely Contact
- #1 Highest Share of TopGun Sales Professionals
- 14 ‘TopGun’ Ranked Analysts
Global Foreign Exchange
- Best Consumer Business Deal 2012 – Acquisition of Statoil Fuel & Retail ASA by Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc., The Globe and Mail. Scotiabank acted as Financial Advisor to Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc.
- Best Energy Deal 2012 – Acquisition of Provident Energy Ltd. by Pembina Pipeline Corp., The Globe and Mail. Scotia Waterous acted as Financial Advisor to Pembina Pipeline Corp.
- Scotia Waterous ranked #1 in the world in the number of oil and gas M&A deals (January 1, 2006 – December 31, 2012), Bloomberg.
- Best Deal in Australia in 2011 – Acquisition of Petrohawk Energy Corporation by BHP Billiton, Asset Asian Awards.
- M&A Deal of the Year 2011 (Highly Commended) - Sinopec/Repsol, The Banker.
Global Fixed Income
Ranked overall second in Estimated Canadian Fixed-Income Market Share in the 2013 North American Fixed Income - Canada survey by Greenwich Associates.
- American Financial Technology Awards 2011 by Waters:
- Best Global Deployment (Global Fixed Income Trading platform deployment)
- Ranked #1 for the ninth year in a row, in a 2011 Market Survey of Derivatives Users in Canada, by Greenwich Associates:
- #1 on the Quality Index
- #1 in Overall Market Penetration
- #1 for Sales Quality
- #1 in Co-Ordination of Coverage Across Product Areas
- #1 in Intensity of Sales Coverage
- #1 in Understanding and Acting on Derivative Needs
- #1 in Market Knowledge and Flow Information
- #1 in After Sales Service
Infrastructure, Power and Project Finance
- Deal of the Year 2013 award from Bond Buyer (The Ohio River Bridges East End Crossing).
- Deal of the Year award from Latin Finance:
- Best Project/Infrastructure Financing Deal of the Year 2012 (Terminales Portuarios Euroandinos Paita)
- Deal of the Year awards from Project Finance:
- North American PPP Deal of the Year 2012 (Presidio Parkway)
- North American Oil & Gas Deal of the Year 2012 (Sabine Pass/Cheniere)
- Latin American Power Deal of the Year 2012 (Cerro del Aguila)
- Latin American Midstream Deal of the Year 2012 (Tarahumara/Chihuahua Pipeline)
- North American Transmission Deal of the Year 2011 (Wind Energy Transmission Texas)
- North American Transport Deal of the Year 2011 (PR-22)
- Latin American Social Infrastructure Deal of the Year 2011 (La Florida and Maipu Hospitals)
- 10th Annual Power Finance Deals and Firms award from Power Finance and Risk:
- Best Non-Renewable Asset M&A Advisor (2013)
- Best Bank in Infrastructure Globally for a fourth year in a row (2012), Global Finance.
- One of our Mining analysts has ranked #2 in the 2011 “Best on the Street” Analysts Survey, The Wall Street Journal. He has also achieved #1 standing in Canada in 2010 Buy-side survey by Brendan Wood International.
- Best Trade Finance Bank in Canada (2006, 2008-2012), Global Finance magazine.
- Best International Trade Bank in Peru (2010-2011), Trade Finance magazine.
- Best Trade Bank in Central America and the Caribbean (2009-2011), Trade Finance magazine.